by Single not Desperate
I thought it might be a great idea to take an intermission from the dating sagas to talk about the key ingredient used to get dates, flirting. I’m not a flirt. I try to be one, but the synapses just aren’t firing in that region of my brain.
I have found that it’s really easy to flirt online. You just click the Wink button and suddenly you’re flirting! In person flirting is my demise on the dating frontier. I am not coy, or cutesy. I don’t have any of that body language that says “Hey! I think you’re cute!” With me, what you see is what you get. I have no idea what to do when I’ve run out of things to talk about and should start flirting instead.
I decided to check in with some experts on flirting techniques. Here’s how to handle an awkward silence.
I’m also kind of shy. If I see a guy across the room that strikes my fancy, I have no idea how to get him to come over and make the first move. There’s no way I’ll ever be bold enough to walk over to him and start a conversation that doesn’t sound contrived or weird.
So I checked in with the dating experts once again to find out how to flirt, even if you’re shy. Here is a professional’s advice:
I also like what Jessica Claire has to share about flirting. This takes a lot of pressure off of me.
This weekend I think I’m going to take a field trip and practice my flirting techniques on the unsuspecting. Wish me luck!
- How do you stop flirting so much (wiki.answers.com)
- The Science of Flirting (datingwebsites.org)
- How Soon Is Too Soon To Date? And How Does One Do It Anyway? (justcountingtime.wordpress.com)
- Flirting with Flirting (mynextdateblog.wordpress.com)
- 80% of women flirt to get shopping discount (newslite.tv)
- Tips for Meeting Her Friends (for the first time) (survivingwomanhood.wordpress.com)