We would like to thank Pondering Spawned for giving us the Reality Blog Award! Believe it, or not, but most of Madeline Scribe’s posts are steeped in the art of real living. We write about life. This award is especially meaningful to us and we are humbled and grateful to be recognized by our peers for doing something that comes naturally and allows us to share it with all of you so easily.
The rules of the award are as follows:
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Display the award on your blog somewhere
3. Acknowledge the blogger on your blog and link back to them.
4. Answer the 5 simple questions about yourself.
5. Nominate as many as 20 bloggers for this award and notify them.
So, here are the questions provided by Pondering Spawned, and my answers:
1. What encouraged you to begin blogging, and how has the experience affected your life?
Madeline Laughs: I had blogged briefly in the past, but never felt I was being heard, so I closed it down. When I started this blog, I wasn’t interested in whether or not anyone was listening anymore. I was only interested in writing about what I was going through and getting it out of my head. It became a tool I could use to look at myself with and a tool that has helped me grow and change in healthier ways that had remained a mystery to me before.
2. What is your favorite wordpress feature?
Madeline Laughs: My favorite feature is the Reader. I find it convenient that whenever I want to read any of my favorite bloggers, they’re all here in one place.
3. To date, what would you say you are most proud of having posted, and why (don’t forget to include a link)?
Madeline Laughs: My most proud accomplishment is the completion of Insanity. That was a difficult story to tell and took a lot of time and valuable energy. In the end, it has been totally worth every bitten fingernail and gray hair.
4. What role does writing play in your life?
Madeline Laughs: I write everyday now. I find it therapeutic and energizing to sit down and bang out my thoughts. Sharing them is just the cherry on top of the sundae.
5. If you had to do a character sketch based on yourself, would you like the character? Is there anything you would change?
Madeline Laughs: If I had to do one I think I’d make up some kind of super powers to include. Perhaps a hippo in a tutu with the power to dance an evil doer into it’s grave. If I had to change anything about myself, I think it would be my overwhelming sense of responsibility to follow through. For once I’d like to be irresponsible and just say Fuck it! So many people seem to be able to do this and feel absolutely no remorse.
We would like to pass the award on to the following blogs: