by Madeline Laughs
I am so done with the “cool” crowd.
They invite you as an afterthought and make you think that no matter what you do, you’ll never be as awesome as they think they are.
I’m not cool.
I’m not awesome.
I am not under any assumption that it’s a privilege to know me.
But I am alive and this is MY LIFE.
I don’t have time to live up to anyone’s expectations of me because I am too busy living up to my own expectations.
I don’t have the time or the inclination to prove anything to anyone.
The privilege is in being authentic and in being present.
The privilege is in living beyond the boundaries set for all us by society.
Being cool means being yourself and not trying to be anyone’s idea of what being cool means to them.
You don’t need anyone’s approval to be accepted. You only need yourself. The only person you need to be privileged to know, the only person you need to impress…
You need you.
- 13 minutes that I am privileged to witness (vivekmehra03.wordpress.com)
- White Privilege Wristbands (enwhiterabbit.wordpress.com)
- Why Marriage is Fucked Up, But I’m Getting Gay-Married (femmolitical.wordpress.com)
- Privilege: Delete This Word From Your Vocabulary (missannethropez.wordpress.com)
- On allies, silencing and privilege (thefword.org.uk)