Not buying Rude

your needRude people.

I’m not sure where some people get their sense of entitlement, but I’m just not buying rude anymore. All filled up over here with rude. Can’t fit even a pinch of rude in here today or tomorrow. I’ve had enough rude to last me for the rest of my life.

Rude people.

They send nasty emails. They post mean comments online. They are snide, snarky and abusive.

They have just got to go!

All of the advice I’ve seen online asks the offended to try to be understanding, calm, but firm, and to excuse the abruptness of someone who could care less about your feelings. You are supposed to ask them “Why?”

Why?

Why do you think it’s okay to be rude to me?

Why are you being a jerk?

Why should I even give a shit?

Here’s some sound advice. If someone is rude, move on. Don’t bother asking them what their problem is unless you really want to know. Most of the time a person’s rudeness has absolutely nothing to do with you.

If someone is consistently rude to you, avoid them. It’s that simple. This person is not your friend, so don’t give them friend benefits. They’re rude for a reason and it’s probably because they don’t like you. So move on.

Don’t give it a moment of your time. It’s not worth it to try to figure it out. Instead of saddling yourself with someone that can’t show you the respect you deserve, find someone that does and focus your attention on them.

Rude people don’t deserve you.

Don’t buy rude.

Even if it’s on sale.

This entry was posted in All kinds of Advice and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Not buying Rude

1. Ray's Mom says:

Well said, and I can’t agree more with your thoughts. Thank you for writing this important piece of advice.

God bless

2. Jennifer says:

Love it! Did we run into the same people?

3. Aw 😦 that’s no fun. Tell them to shove it, or… I can shove it for them! Mwahahaha.

4. Paula says:

I am really bad at ignoring rude people. Take today for example. I walked into Michael’s to exchange a frame. As I approached the cashier, I woman walked up behind me and cracked her gum in triplet directly in my ear. I immediately turned around, looked her in the eye and said with my most disgusted voice, “You have got to be kidding!” Glared. Turned back to face the head of the line, and listened as she told the lady next to her how crazy I was. She’s lucky I had just come from yoga, or I would have showed her crazy!!! Hehe! So, yes, it’s best to ignore rude people because you only end up coming across as rude yourself trying to defend yourself. The assholes seem to win by making the first rude move, huh?

• I love it! I think I would have done the same thing and when I heard her call me crazy I probably would have turned and said, very loudly, “Smacking your gum like a 5 year old is rude. Calling someone “crazy” because they embarrassed you for smacking your gum like a 5 year old is not only rude, but in poor taste. This isn’t Walmart.” and then smile real big like I just delivered some wisdom.

5. Someone made a comment the other day…that Reality TV has made it ok to be rude…they televise all of the horrible moments…to get ratings…it is really not how reality should be!!!

• I agree Nikki. This is not how the real world should operate. The best thing we can all do is make sure we don’t behave badly too. One step at a time is all we can take in making a positive change.

LIke some of your blog readers, I also have a difficult time ignoring rude. There are days when I simply cannot NOT say something. I find that a snappy, cerebral one-liner, delivered while looking the culprit in the eye, is best served with a snarky smile. I know. It’s rude. But I don’t think that’s the “rude” you’re talking about. THAT rude needs to be ignored.

• I seen your snappy, cerebral one-liners and they are priceless! I don’t think that’s rude at all. I think it shows moxey and that’s what I love about you!! Never, ever change ❤

7. Disillusioned says:

Ask why and they’ll deny.

8. You are a very talented writer and blogger- hope you believe this too 🙂

9. c. I try to remember that some people are just happy being angry and take it out on others, no matter who they are. If it’s a stranger I remind myself that it’s not personal – it can’t be if they don’t even know me, right? If it’s someone I know, I try to remember if I’ve seen this in them before – is it a regular thing or are they just having a bad day. What I really love to do is kill them with kindness – it’s HARD to justify being rude when someone’s doing their best to charm you!

• Disillusioned says:

People with psychopathic personality tendencies look down on kindness and generosity as weaknesses to exploit. I know it is hard to believe that anyone would callously mistreat you without remorse when you haven’t done anything wrong, but the fact is, that the reason may not be a ‘bad day’—it could be a ‘bad person.’ There’s more info about psychopathy here: PsychopathResistance.wordpress.com

• Oh I dunno…I can be rude if someone shows they’re full of BS.

10. Pingback: A brief history lesson | Read it to absorb my awesomeness