I finally made a pain relieving cream from a recipe I found on the Internet. It smells amazing and works even better. I found the recipe on one of my favorite go-to blogs for DIY recipes, Herbal Health Care.
Here’s a copy of the recipe, but definitely take the time to visit and subscribe to Herbal Health Care’s blog. It’s a fantastic resource for creating healthy alternatives you can make from stuff you might already have in your pantry.
1/2 cup Coconut Oil you can also use Jojoba Oil
2 teaspoons Beeswax pellets
2 teaspoons Camphor crystals or 5 Drops Camphor oil
2 teaspoons Menthol crystals or 5 drops menthol oil
5 drops Peppermint oil
5 drops Eucalyptus oil
5 drops lavender essential oil
5 drops white willow bark essential oil
5 drops arnica essential oil
Melt the coconut oil and beeswax together. You can do this in the microwave, in a double boiler, or what I did was set a small saucepan on the stove for a minute or two and then turned the burner off and added the coconut oil and beeswax. Stir until melted.
Allow the mixture to cool for a few minutes, then add the camphor crystals or oil , white willow bark oil, the menthol crystals or oil , arnica oil, and the eucalyptus oil.
Put in a container and allow to cool completely. When it is completely cooled it will be a solid rather than liquid…but the minute it hits your warm skin, it will liquify again. That’s what coconut oil does, which makes it perfect for massaging onto sore muscles and joints.
~from Herbal Health Care
- Petroleum- free lip balms (bellalinabath.wordpress.com)
- Green Living: DIY Lip balm (myasmusingsblog.wordpress.com)
- D.I.Y. Herbal Deoderant Stick (beautyblunders.wordpress.com)
- Eucalyptus Oil Cream with Camphor oil, Menthol & Vitamin E – 8.8 Ounces (syfh5bnp.wordpress.com)
- D.I.Y. Foot Balm (beautyblunders.wordpress.com)
- Beeswax Body Balm & Booty Balm – for sale (skiingmama.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Healing Salve (ayurvedaorganics.wordpress.com)
- DIY Lip Balm (Vaseline & Petrolium Free) (gonehippy.wordpress.com)
- Experimenting is the best way to learn! (dustrootsandbutterflies.wordpress.com)
- 9 DIY Beauty Recipes With Strawberries (hildablue.com)