Pages

stickyegg.com

stickyegg.com

I love the smell of a new book.  I run my hand across the cover. I like cracking the binding for the first time.I imagine how the story will play out and how it will end. I look forward to turning the pages.

This entry was posted in Artsy and Poetic and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Pages

1. me too 🙂 ~Karen~

2. K. R. Smith says:

I used your (very good) story as a basis for a poem in my FSF post.

• Thank you! I had signed up for the 5 sentence fiction a while back, but for some reason the emails were dropping into my spam folder. I finally figured that out and fixed it. I hope to continue with this inspired method of blogging now. This has been a lot of fun!

I SO agree! ❤
    It's been suggested to me that, as an avid reader, I'd enjoy owning a Kindle or the like. Sorry…no can do. Of course, I've never even held one in my hand, let alone taken it for a test drive, but I simply love the feel and smell and look of a genuine, 3-D book, with pages that I can touch and turn with my hand, that I can tuck a fun bookmark into when I start to nod off after re-reading the same sentence 17 times. I like that I can be one-third through the right-hand page and have already prepared to turn the page by lifting the lower right corner in anticipation of what comes next! Books! I love 'em!

• I have an iPad and I have never downloaded a book to read. Some folks think I’m just missing out, but honestly, I like a real book. I hope that is something that never changes for me. I would miss books if they ceased to exist and I would miss being able to go to a library too.

I do that page turning readiness too 🙂 It’s that anticipation. I love it!

4. swathishenoy says:

I swear! I do this too 😀

FSF – Unfaithful Love

5. Aditi says:

This is exactly how I feel whenever I start a new novel! 🙂

6. Anita says:

Beautifully expressed, Madeline! Can totally connect 🙂

7. sandraconner says:

Yep, there’s just nothing that smells like a book or feels like a book. The digital readers are handy and dandy from time to time, but nothing satisfies quite like the “real” thing.

8. Patricia says:

I love books…real books with paper pages. I read on my tablet sometimes but it is not as satisfying as a real book.