Once a flying monkey, always a flying monkey

dorothy red slippers

Dorothy: Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!

I was reading a status update on Facebook from my new friend Martha. She wrote that the “flying monkeys” at work were starting to be nicer to her, probably because the Narc was either losing her grip on them, or had moved on to another victim. They had been shyly asking for her help and gravitating towards her for some time and she was still avoiding them at all costs. She’s a smart lady. She knows, just like I know, that once you’re a flying monkey, you’re always going to be a flying monkey. Flying monkeys never change.

Scarecrow: First they (the Flying Monkeys) took my legs off and they threw them over there! Then they took my chest out and they threw it over there!

Tin Woodsman: Well, that’s you all over!

Glinda, the Good Witch of the North: You have no power here! Begone, before somebody drops a house on you, too!

I have written several articles about disciples just trying to understand who they are and what makes them tick. I am no closer to the truth of them and I’m kind of happy about that.

“Another thing you should always keep in mind is that the most diabolical sociopaths also have disciples. That was something that continued to stall my progress for years when I was trying to get away from them. I never understood the disciple part of the psychosis. A disciple is someone that has been groomed by the sociopath to support him throughout his fantasy life of lies. They may not believe everything he says, but they will go down fighting for his right to be able to continue his reign of terror because that’s all they know how to do. Usually a disciple is someone with low self esteem that the sociopath can stoke up with compliments or admiration. They are close to the sociopath, not in a caring way, but in a needy way.”

~from Eenie meanie miney…you’re a Sociopath!

When you have been subjected to a narcissistic smear campaign and you know the people that supported the narc’s rage against you, never, ever let them back into your life. You can be cordial. You can be polite. But leave it at that. Don’t think for a minute that you will ever be able to trust them, because you can’t. Don’t despair when the flying monkeys come calling though. Just sit back and marvel at how aware you are now of their existence and try to have a bit of sympathy for them. These are people that are clueless when it comes to recognizing the difference between something genuine and something totally fake and unworthy. Your life has moved onward and upwards and you are better for the experience because now you know the truth. They will never figure that out. When the flying monkeys come calling, just click your ruby slippers together and remember that even narcs can be defeated once you know the truth.

Wicked Witch of the West: You cursed brat! Look what you’ve done! I’m melting! melting! Oh, what a world! What a world! Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness? Oooooh, look out! I’m going! Oooooh! Ooooooh!

This entry was posted in All kinds of Advice and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Once a flying monkey, always a flying monkey

1. Human says:

Reblogged this on Psychopath Resistance and commented:
    These are people that are clueless when it comes to recognizing the difference between something genuine and something totally fake and unworthy.

2. Human says:

A common phenomenon now has a name!

The attraction of joining a charismatic narcissist’s fan club, I believe, is the hope to shine in his/her glow, to be part of the in-crowd, to rise in social status.

3. KC2015 says:

I love this! Great points! I am going to reblog this! Thank you. 🙂

4. KC2015 says:

Reblogged this on Not A Member Of The Club Sandwich and commented:
    Great points!!! I have been running into the wizard of Oz quite a bit lately; whether it was a bill board or a phrase or even a slot machine. Kind of ironic don’t you think?

5. Reblogged this on Blog Of A Mad Black Woman and commented:
    “Usually a disciple is someone with low self esteem that the sociopath can stoke up with compliments or admiration. They are close to the sociopath, not in a caring way, but in a needy way.” ~ Eenie meanie miney…you’re a Sociopath

“Flying monkey is just another description for disciples of the narcissist and they support the smear campaign being waged against you. They have no problem listening to the lies and slander and maybe even adding some of their own to the pot of swill being served to anyone that will listen to them.” ~ Madeline Scribes

6. Glad to have found your blog through Persia’s reblog. Very astute post that gives me more clarity. Will be following!

7. lifebegins45 says:

Reblogged this on My journey of healing from psychological abuse and commented:
    A great post about flying monkeys (aka: friends of the psychopath or narcissist). Be sure to read this post, and see if you can relate…

8. I think you’ve identified the crux of the problem. An intelligent strong person can stand up for themself so their enemy decides to bring them down by organising an army of fools. Remember in the school playground how the silly little girls would gang up on someone? The recruits largely come from the same class of people. They are intelligent enough to know they are not idiots, but not intelligent enough to realise their limitations. They overestimate themselves – they haven’t a clue how manipulation works. So they believe the flattery that they are better and someone else is worse because it confirms their mistaken self image . What the victims are up against is the general stupidity of people. As there is nothing you can do to increase their intelligence there will always be a million useful idiots to carry out the manipulators bidding. Prime example – Hitler .

9. ologsinquito says:

I agree that once someone has played the role of flying monkey that we can never trust them again, and allow them access to our lives. This would be foolish.

However, I do believe change is possible, for a flying monkey, and that a shattering life experience could possibly bring them around, such as if the narcissist suddenly turned on them. But we still can’t let them into our lives again.

Someone who is sincerely sorry would try to correct the damage they had done. This would mean retracing their steps and trying to correct the lies to the best of their ability. This almost never happens.

Liked by 2 people

10. marilynmunrow says:

Reblogged this on Marilyn Munrow and commented:
    I love this post, i love your blogs too. I think they moved onto another victim, but always remember, they could come back to haunt you. Never trust a narcissist and never give them a second chance.

11. I like your blog and the posts are really interesting

12. AprilEsutton says:

I know one witch I would like to melt. I will never trust her. Very interesting to read.

13. Pingback: am I like that too? | Madeline Scribes